Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesday Evening: Personal Prayer of John Wesley

Have mercy upon me, O God, after Thy great goodness; and after the multitude of Thy mercies, do away mine offences. Let Thy unspeakable mercy free me from the sins I have committed, and deliver me from the punishment I have deserved. O save me from every work of darkness and cleanse me from all filthiness of flesh and spirit, that, for the time to come, I may, with a pure heart and mind, follow Thee, the only true God.

O LAMB of God, who both by Thy example and precept didst instruct us to be meek and humble, give me grace throughout my whole life, in every thought, word, and work, to imitate Thy meekness and humility. Mortify in me the whole body of pride.

GRANT, O lord, that I may look for nothing, claim nothing, and resent nothing; that I may go through all the scenes of life, not seeking my own glory, but looking wholly unto Thee and acting wholly for Thee.

O THOU Giver of every good and perfect gift, if at any time Thou pleasest to work by my hand, teach me to discern what is my own from what is another’s, and to render unto Thee the things that are Thine. As all the good that is done on earth, Thou doest it Thyself, let me ever return to Thee all the glory. Let me, as a pure crystal, transmit all the light Thou pourest upon me.

MAKE me to remember Thee on my bed, and think upon Thee when I am waking. Thou hast preserved me from all the dangers of the day past. Under the shadow of Thy wings let me pass this night in comfort and peace.

No comments: